3/20/2008

Internal Struggle

I recently had a discussion with a close group of friends about the oddity of the “blog”. One friend was telling another about reading a girls’ blog that she had known “of” in high school but would never have consider her a friend, and knew intimate details about her life because she had been sent a link to her blog through a mutual friend. She was saying, “If I ran into this girl in the grocery store, I could tell her all about her most recent pregnancy and religious beliefs and she probably wouldn’t even know my name.”

I thought more about this conversation when I received a forwarded link of a girl that I knew in high school’s blog (pictures of her new baby) but would never be able to really talk to her because I know nothing about her, until now.

Now I have this internal struggle: Would I want mere acquaintances, or worse, strangers, reading my thoughts, trials, joys, sorrows and everything that I share with my family and friends on the internet?

I guess so, and to that, here is the start of Judi with an “i”.

No comments: